The Cotton Hall Experience
The health and safety of our guests, staff and cast are of the utmost importance to us. In order to offer the safest, most enjoyable experience possible, we have made a number of changes that will affect your visit. Please review these before you book your seats:
- All ticket reservations will need to be made over the phone by calling the Box Office at Phone: 1-229-758-5450.
- All sales are final.
- In order to maintain social distancing recommendations of six feet, we have identified seating units in groups of 2, 3, and 4 person groups.
- We will be selling ONLY these seats for the Fall 2020 production, and no more. This unfortunately means that some favorite seats may not be available.
- These seating units are distanced from each other and will be sold to individuals in shared households or familial groups.
- Individuals that do not live in the same household will not be seated together, but we will make our best effort to seat you near each other.
- All seats are pairs or groups of four with a very few spots for groups of three. There are no groups larger than four. If your group is larger than four, you will need to split up. We will do our best to seat you near one another.
- Due to these limitations, many lower-level seats have been eliminated. Please let the Box Office know if you have any mobility issues at the time of your purchase.
- Handicap accessible seats will be very limited this season.
- Due to these restrictions, we have very few lower-level seats. As these seats are easiest to access for our older patrons, we ask that patrons with ease of mobility to please utilize higher seats.
- We will be mailing all tickets this season to minimize face to face contact, so please be sure to confirm the best mailing address for your tickets to arrive. If for some reason you lose your tickets, they can be reprinted at the box office.
ARRIVING FOR THE SHOW
- All patrons are required to wear masks in Cotton Hall. We will have a small number on sale at the Box Office should you forget yours. Cast members will keep their masks on until the performance begins and whenever they leave the stage.
- The doors of the BUILDING will open THIRTY MINUTES prior to showtime in an effort to cut down on lines. You will be able to enter the theater anytime in the half hour prior to the start time. (7:00pm for Friday Evenings, 1:30pm for Saturday Matinees, 5:30pm for Saturday Evenings.)
- We ask that ALL AUDIENCE MEMBERS enter through the front door of Cotton Hall.
- Upon arrival, patrons will be shown directly to their seats. From there, you are welcome to utilize the restroom or visit the concession stand, but we ask that you return to your seat directly and do not wander throughout the lobby. All chairs and tables will be removed from the lobby for the October performances.
- Ushers will wear masks and gloves. They will take tickets upon delivering you to your seat, and discarded afterwards to limit transference.
- Playbills will be placed in your seat prior to the performance, with ushers using gloves to deliver them.
- Marks on the floor will help you social distance as you enter and exit the theater.
- Patrons must maintain six feet of distance between themselves and others while waiting to use the restroom or the concession stand. Soap and paper towels will be kept well-stocked.
- Our concession stand line will be re-routed to allow better social distancing. Please return to your seats after completing your purchase. Concession stand workers will wear masks and gloves.
For the safety of our patrons, volunteers and staff, the museum and gift shop will remain closed throughout the fall season and seating areas in the Commons area will be removed.
DURING THE PERFORMANCE
- All patrons are required to wear masks for the Swamp Gravy: A Stone’s Throw. Masks must remain on the entire time. We will have a small number on sale at the Box Office should you forget yours.
- Cast members will only remove their masks when onstage. No actor will come within 6 feet of the first row of the audience.
- For Swamp Gravy: A Stone’s Throw, there will be no group songs. All songs will be performed with groups of 3 or fewer performers. Singers will be stationed significantly farther away from audience members.
AFTER THE PERFORMANCE
- At the end of the show, patrons will be instructed to exit by section to minimize crowding and maximize space.
- Cast members will not be able to greet audience members after the show, so please be sure to applaud so they know you liked the show!
- We ask that you place all trash in the trash cans placed outside of the theater entrances.
- In order to maintain social distancing between seats, we have reduced the capacity of the theater from 284 to 91, equaling only 32% capacity.
- The entire theatre, including seats, armrests, countertops and other high-touch surfaces, will be sanitized after each performance using a commercial disinfectant sprayer, disinfectant sprays, and wipes.
- Our staff and cast will be staying home if they are sick, and we ask you to do the same. If you are not feeling well, please contact the theater immediately, and we will do our best to reschedule your tickets.
- We have installed a ActivePure blue-light purifier inside of our air-conditioning system to help catch and eliminate potentially harmful contaminants in the air. ActivePure removes or destroys up to 99% of all surface and airborne contaminants.